Sunday 17 January 2010

Why I Am

W hy I am the way I am? Genes. I'll blame it on the genes. This year I’d like to blog about some of my favorite genes. There are three in particular: the Travel Gene, the Food Gene and the Reading Gene.

The Travel Gene has been passed down from both sides of my family. I have been to 49 states. The only one I went to without my parents or grandparent is Hawaii. I love researching and planning trips. I love the journey. I love new places and discoveries. I love being in a place that does not know or care I am there.

The Food Gene comes from my Grandma’s side of the family. We love food and cooking. I love reading about food and recipes. I love shopping for food. I love preparing recipes. I love eating food. I am thankful I have a gene to help keep this love of food from showing up on the scales.

The Reading Gene is specifically from my Grandpa. He always had a book in his back pocket. I love reading and books. I love selecting books. I love talking about books. I love trading books. I love libraries and book stores.

I am excited to share my best in Travel, Food and Books!

post signature

No comments: