Tuesday 26 January 2010

Edinburgh

We finally took a weekend-city break. Destination: Edinburgh, Scotland. The train ride was about 5 hours. We stayed in a serviced self catering flat. We were 5 minutes from the train station and two minutes from a grocery store. This all worked out nicely with the children in tow.

Edinburgh was a great city! The people were friendly. It was hilly but walkable. We walked up to Edinburgh Castle and down the Royal Mile. We toured a very good muesum - The National Museum of Scotland. There was very dense fog...

which finally lifted our last morning...the view from Calton Hill...


We enjoyed Edinburgh's Christmas on Prince Street Gardens.  There were reindeer, midway rides, a German market and delicious food vendors.  Scott Monument...

George was my heater...

Caroline's photography...


post signature

1 comment:

Judith and Lance said...

Yes, Edinburgh, has so many hills. I think in the 6 months we lived in the UK we rode the train there at least 3 times. I was disappointed we never had the opportunity to visit Glasgow, do you think you'll visit there? It looks like you had a great time, I must admit I'm glad I didn't have to try to brave the trip with little ones, but I'm certain we would now if we lived there. Is Easy Jet still around? They always cheaps flights around the UK, but the train is so fun@