Saturday 7 January 2012

Yes, I Love Technology

I do love technology except when it does not work easily. Then I HATE technology. This week I give two big {hearts} to technology!  (These are not new to the world...only new to me.)

FaceTime

We video chatted with my sister for her birthday. I have a love/hate relationship with Skype.  My laptop has never streamed great, so it not Skype's fault.  But with FaceTime on the iPad it was as simple as calling her phone. I took her on a house tour and she saw Celia in action. Love! (Did not get a screen shot as neither of us were looking our personal best.)

iBooks

E-reader fever is going around and I caught it!  Newspapers are reporting high sales of the gadgets over Christmas. My official line is I prefer hard books. I like buying, borrowing, browsing, carrying and looking at books. Stacks and shelves of books are lovely sight. Brent told me the iPad works as an e-reader too. But taking a stand, I did not bother with it. However, I am easily influenced and finally caved to check it out. Be still my beating heart! With iBooks bajillions of books available with a touch and password. There is also free books for classics.



What will they think of next!?!

post signature

No comments: