Friday 9 March 2012

Book of the Month

My goal this year is read at least one book a month.  So far so good..

January was American Wife but Curtis Sittenfeld.  I enjoyed it but the writing was not great.  The story is based loosely on the life of Laura Bush.  I think the idea it might be real pulled me into the book. 

February was French Children Don't Throw Food or Bringing up Bebe by Pamela Druckerman.  She covered many topics and her personal life settling into Paris.  I took away a few good strategies, recognized some tactics are not right for me and my family and found we are doing a few things "french" and did not know it. 

March was going to be the Hunger Games - I have to get on the bandwagon.  But instead this has moved to the top of my nightstand stack...


We are moving to Houston June 1st!  I am happy/sad.  It is time to return.  Living in the UK has been an amazing experience.  Everyday was not sunshine and rainbows but I am so thankful we were able to live here.  We are cramming in as much of London as possible in the next 84 or so days.  I will miss living in what I consider to be the greatest city in the world.  But I am a southern girl at heart and I am ready to put down roots for good. 

No comments: