Friday 16 December 2011

Oh What Fun It Is To...Decorate!

I am "linking up" for the first time with Blue-eyed Bride to share Christmas decorating ideas. Click through to find loads of inspiration.

Today was the last day of school for nearly 4 weeks. Now it really feels like Christmas to me.

I love the Christmas season.  I enjoy the way it is done in England.  In the year of the (6 week old) babe...and 2 year old...(and the 8 & 9 year olds) with only 9 days to go...here is our simplified Christmas decor. Luckily, we extend Christmas until the Epiphany so we get an extra week.  I have intentionally stayed off Pintrest.  Hopefully, I will have many more Christmases to come to use all the greatness that is Pintrest. 

Front door swag from the grocery delivery man...I added the star for a little something extra...


After being married for 12 Christmases I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a nativity...(Fontanini is a little cheaper in the UK than US)...another blogger adds to her scene each year...we will do the same...


Dining room dresser...there was a bell jar full of red & green M&Ms my dad brought over...I like to think I had help devouring them...


I managed to have the Advent wreath ready in the nick of time for the first Sunday...


Mommy's helper stringing bells...


For a not yet decorated tree...


Will post a picture later in the weekend when we finish the tree...

post signature

No comments: