Thursday 27 May 2010

This is the Day

My paternal Grandmother recently passed away. I am very thankful the first 31 years of my life I was blessed with all four living grandparents. On our Easter trip to the states we visited her and she met George.

The girls have loved horses since they were little bitty. I wonder if it is genetic. My grandpa has always had horses. This is my dad with Caroline and Molly:


My Grandpa and Georgie:


The title of this post is a song which makes me think of my Grandma. Here are a few random thoughts about her and how she influenced me:

1. She became a Christian when she was a teenager. She loved and served the Lord with all her heart. Her example of a daily relationship with Christ is one she passed to my dad and in turn his example is one I hold closely to my Christian walk.

2. She nursed all four of her children. She was ahead of her time.  

3. She loved photographs. She was always ready to smile for one.

4. She liked to have a good time and was known for her hospitality. I like to have a good time and would like to be known for my hospitality.

Four generations:


post signature

4 comments:

Lael said...

Our thoughts are still with you. I think it is wonderful that you and your 3 little ones got in a nice visit with her so recently. Also, with the James gang, you are most definitely known for your hospitality - and have been for the almost 10 years we've known you!

Anonymous said...

I hope my grandchildren (including the James gang) will honor me in a similar manner some day! How wonderful that you will always cherish your relationship with her.

Becky - A.K.A. "Noni"

Judith and Lance said...

What a beautiful tribute to our sweet Grandma. so glad you were able to come to the funeral!

Barbara said...

So sorry for your loss. Grandma is with her Lord, which, of course, is what we want. It's a beautiful thing that you had so many years with your grandparents.